notbob was kind enough to let me know that there’s a new version of ChrisTV PVR software
4.20 highlights include:
“Support for Hauppauge PVR 150/250/350/500, ATI EHome Wonder and Leadtek Winfast PVR 2000 has been improved. Channel Automatic Scan module has been improved and optimized. Improved Scheduler module : scheduled tasks will wake up your PC from Hibernation/Standby Mode. Optimized the TVgenial support in ChrisTV. “
Seems like a pretty feature rich offering, but I wish it looked a little less like a windows XP application and more like tivo UI. Anybody up for downloading a trial and reporting back to the community?
Version 4.20 ( 25 February 2005 )
* Support for Hauppauge PVR 150/250/350/500, ATI EHome Wonder and Leadtek PVR 2000 has been improved.
* Channel Automatic Scan module has been improved and optimized :
o Added new feature to Autoscan for Radio Stations.
o Added new option to save found channels into a new channel list or append to the existing channel list.
o Improved channel scanning and switching for some bt8x8 tv cards.
o If you don`t find any channel, you can change the TV Card Driver frequency tunning settings by pressing the “Advanced Settings…” button.
* Mosaic Mode has been improved and optimized, also now you can choose the number of channels to be displayed once : 2×2, 3×3, 4×4, 5×5.
* For better Channel Settings management, you can now maximize the Channel Settings Window.
* Improved Scheduler module : scheduled tasks will wake up your PC from Hibernation/Standby Mode.
* Improved detection of TV Cards with MPEG2 Hardware Encoding.
* Improved support for Hauppauge PVR 250/350 series – Live Preview Mode without MPEG2 Hardware Encoding.
* Added new option to reinitiliaze the Preview Graph, after you make a MPEG2 Hardware Recording, in order to fix some sound and video problems.
* For some TV cards with MPEG2 Hardware Encoding the Video Standard was not correctly set, now you can Force the TV Video Standard to PAL/NTSC in Program Settings->MPEG Hardware Encoding.
* Fixed a bug that prevented ChrisTV to start correctly for Windows Users that didn`t have admin rights.
* Improved detection of the Composite and S-Video inputs for TV Cards that have more than 1 input, like Hauppauge PVR 150/250/350/500 serie.
* Optimized the TVgenial support in ChrisTV.
* Fixed some bugs in MPEG Recording Module and new frame sizes : 640×480, 704×480 and 704×576 have been added.
* You can now send a ChrisTV Questionnaire or Error Report, without launching ChrisTV, by going to Start Button->Programs->ChrisTV->”Contact ChrisTV Support”.
* Some language files have been updated.
* Other small fixes and improvements.