Using ChrisTWEAK you can tune and optimize your capture device(s) driver settings and more.
While using your favorite capture software or TV application, ChrisTWEAK lets you change any setting in the capture device driver in order to improve TV experience, such as :
- Image settings (brightness, contrast, saturation, hue, sharpness)
- Video standard ( PAL, NTSC, SECAM etc.)
- Image Prefilter Settings (Dynamic Noise Reduction) available only for Hauppauge PVR 150/250/350/500, ATI Theater 550 PRO, TV Cards with Blackbird and Falcon Conexant Chipset ( Leadtek PVR 2000, Prolink Pixelview PlayTV@P7000, Provideo PV258 Series and others).
- Sound mode (mono, stereo or dual)
- TV channel number and country channel table
- Video and audio input
You can also adjust these settings without having your TV application or capture software running.
The supported capture devices that can be tweaked are :
- TV Cards with compatible WDM Driver
- TV Cards with MPEG Hardware Encoder
- Graphic Cards with Video Input (VIVO)
- Combo Cards (Graphic Card and TV Card)
- WebCams and other compatible devices.
Version 1.30 ( 9 February 2006 )
- Added Folder Monitoring feature. Most PVR softwares are setting their default values when recording, you can use ChrisTWEAK monitoring feature to reapply your settings when a change is made in PVR’s recording folder and subfolders.
- Added the option to start ChrisTWEAK minimized in systemtray with Windows.
- Improved support for TV cards based on the ATI Theater 550 PRO chipset.
- Optimized settings for the Hauppauge PVR cards.
- Now you can choose which Image Settings do you want to be changed by ChrisTWEAK.
- Added TV card sound settings : Sound Mode and Audio Input.
- Other small fixes and improvements.