The Beta Version of MediaPortal 1.3.0 was released just before Christmas, so consider it a merry time of year indeed. In case you don’t already know what MediaPortal has to offer, it’s a fully functional media system that you can use throughout your home.
It comes with some great standard features and plugins. The breakdown is as follows:
- Record and Stream Radio
- Listen to Music
- Play Blu-ray discs, Videos and DVD’s
- Watch and Record TV
- Check News & Weather
- View And Organize Pictures and Home Videos
There are new features and bug fixes that you can test out. This ensures that everything is fixed for the final release for 1.3.0.
- Three different skins, being the Titan for 16:9 displays with a resolution of 1080p, DefaultWide for a 16:9 display with a 720p resolution, and a Default skin for 4:3 displays with various resolutions for versatility and user comfort.
- The settings have been made much easier to configure in 1.3.0 Beta. Be sure to have a look and see what all you can change and personalize.
- Another new feature for the beta version is the Windows 8 support, which offers preliminary support for the OS. It will tell you that your OS isn’t officially supported, but keep going through and it will install and work anyway.
- Support for text files in video
- Last.fm is now only accessible to subscribers
- You are now able to configure genre names in TV-Server setup, and you can still configure genre colors as well.
Be sure to report anything you’re having issues with so they can make it perfect for you.