A little bit late on this (they released the rollup last week) but those of you using Windows Media Center 2005 will want to look at Update Rollup 2 for Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005
Kinda of dissapointing (no QAM!) but they did add XBOX 360 support and official dual HDTV tuner card support (previously you had to work around/hack that in) and other improvements, just nothing jaw dropping…
This update improves the Media Center Extender experience. Media Center now recognizes when a Microsoft Xbox 360 is connected to the network. Additionally, Media Center now prompts you to install the software components that Media Center must have to support the Media Center Extender functionality of the Xbox 360.
• On U.S. versions of Microsoft Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005, this update provides support for a second Advanced Television Systems Committee (ATSC) tuner card. Media Center now supports up to two ATSC tuner cards and two National Television Systems Committee (NTSC) tuner cards.
• Media Center now supports DVB-T radio where DVB-T radio is broadcast.
• Media Center now includes a configurable optimization option to make sure that your Media Center computer continues to run smoothly.
• Media Center now includes a nonlinear zoom mode for widescreen TVs.
• This update improves the process of burning DVDs in Media Center.
Maybe Windows MCE 2005 Update roll up 2 will help Duke and his dissapointments with MCE 2005